Other stuff from today

I failed to mention in the last post the amazing "American breakfast" that Ida and I enjoyed this morning! Ha! Who are we? Honestly, we didn't think twice about having a Thai breakfast instead but as we were eating, it did make us curious what locals have so we asked our waitress. She told us they usually have either fried rice or rice soup. Neither Ida or I have had rice soup before so we're actually thinking to have that for breakfast tomorrow! It'll be so fun to try something new. Back to our breakfast, it was literally just scrambled eggs on toast, which doesn't sound like anything special but for some reason it was so good. Kind of funny. The bread they used was perfectly toasted so there was a slight crunch with soft spongy middle and the scrambled eggs were cooked and seasoned perfectly. In addition this breakfast included a fruit juice(I think we were given mango) regular Lipton tea as well as a traditional Thai tea. 

Here's a photo Ida took of me enjoying my breakfast 😆


After we came back from the Grand Palace, we were exhausted. We both lack sleep, partly due to the time difference. We also got slightly lost and took longer to get back than expected; the Grand Palace isn't too far from where we're staying. Somehow ended up on a college campus and had trouble finding our way out. We also walked through a bunch of markets that were selling tons of different Buddha figurines, not exactly the type of markets we were looking for but kinda fun to walk through. We mostly just wandered the streets in the hostels general direction until I got antsy to get back. We did need to use our map home. Here are some of the things we saw on our walk back from the Grand Palace.




When we got close to home we stopped at a place for lunch. We had a wonton appetizer and we both had a noodle soup with tofu, bean sprouts, and green onion. Once we got back, we probably spent about 3 hours just relaxing in the hostel until we decided to get out and find ourselves some dinner. Felt like so much work. We had a hard time finding a place to eat. Felt kind of frustrating but that mostly came from being so tired. Also as much as we have enjoyed our stay, at this point we're both over Bangkok and all its craziness. 

For dessert, Ida and I enjoyed coconut icecream. Oh man, was that deliciously amazing!!! I normally can't have milk or icecream thats dairy (derived from cows milk) so I'm used to having icecream made from coconut milk but this coconut icecream was 10x better!! So much creamy goodness! I'll have to get a picture of that. 

After we finished, we walked along Khao San Road, a well known road in Thailand. We walked along the calmer, more peaceful side. I love how colorful that road is at night, all lit up by lanterns. We turned in for the night when we finished looking around.






Comments

Popular Posts