Pai

July 4: Arrived. Walked around a bit and checked out the night market.

 

July 5: World War II Memorial Bridge

The Split: result from an earthquake

Grand Canyon

Not sure where this was taken but probably somewhere on the way to going to one of these places, we stopped to take pictures.

Visited a small waterfall, not super exciting but a part of the experience.

Drove for my first time here in Thailand on a motorbike. I drove just fine on the road but failed to make turns. The first time I drove us into some tall grasses. Neither of us really got hurt. Ida just got some small scrapes but nothing to worry about. The second time I had to turn onto a road going uphill but was going too fast so you could say that was more of a crash. I got pretty scrapes up on my right knee and elbow. Don't worry Ida drove the rest of the time. 

This is kind of gross but watching these little flys that were attracted to my scrapes distracted me from the pain. Helpful little insects.

Rice plantations

July 6: wandering around

Settled at a cafe to read. I tried a chia bowl.

July 7: Attempt to see a waterfall. Decided to walk there but only made it halfway. We did enjoy sitting at a small river before going back. We were a little unprepared, failing to bring water on what turned out to be at least a 4 hour walk. One of my sandals also broke on our way there. The walk back was brutal. I walked barefoot on what was mostly gravel or prickly concrete. Luckily another traveler, a very kind guy from Singapore lent me his extra flip flops for most of the way back until we split ways. It was a beautiful walk though!

July 8: Spent the day at our favorite cafe in Pai reading, writing postcards, and sleeping (I did).

July 9: Our last day in Pai, we booked our bus to Luang Prabang and hostels to stay at, went to the pharmacy to treat and bandage my scrapes, bought snacks for the trip, and relaxed at our cottage.


Comments

Popular Posts