First day
The flight here was very smooth, in fact I slept for the majority of the trip. I was really nervous about finding my way from the airport to the hostel but it wasn't so bad. I arrived at Heyyyy Bangkok hostel around 8:30am. After checking in, I took the time to do some reading while I waited for Ida to arrive.
Ida and I got a private room for our first day here and I'm glad we did! Here's a peak:
Ida and I went out for lunch, soon after she arrived at a restaurant nearby. We both had a noodle soup with pork, sounds simple but it was delicious. It was funny to be having hot soup in the hot humid weather here, but it didn't matter. We were too busy enjoying the food. Our waitress was very sweet. She taught us how to say hello and thank you in Thai. Sadly I don't remember how to say either anymore. After, we explored the neighborhood a little to see what was around. There were some small shops that either had hardware, wooden doors, light fixtures, car parts, or a collection of different odds and ends. We didn't do too much else. We took it easy.
This cute cat (the hostel cat) insisted on being on my lap while Ida and I started to figure out the framework for our itinerary. Luckily I wasn't super allergic.
Not the greatest picture but here we are!
All in all today was a great first day.
Comments
Post a Comment