The Grand Palace
I just got back from walking through The Grand Palace. Wow! The place was so artfully thought out, from the architecture down to the detailed designs that lace every building. Guarding most buildings were mythical creatures (likely symbolic) of all sorts, some shimmered with gold, others a pale opaque green like of oxidized copper. Long outdoor corridors lined with large white and gold pillars and a mural of art down the length of the wall. I was in awe of the work that must of been put into these buildings. So beautiful!
"Chakri Maha Prasat hall"
"Demon Guardian"
"The Chapel of the Emerald Buddha"
School children sit in the corridors waiting to tour the Grand Palace.
I'm so glad I got to see the Grand Palace, despite the very hot and humid weather. It didn't help that I had to wear long pants and a long sleeve zip up jacket. I was sweatin' up a storm.
The minute we exited the Grand Palace, I got back into my tank and shorts. Felt like I had walked into a room with air conditioning. I think many of the other tourists came from other parts of Thailand. Most had umbrellas to keep cool.
Exiting the Grand Palace
Comments
Post a Comment